You’ve likely heard of braces and retainers, but are you familiar with jaw repositioners? What about space maintainers? Lip and cheek bumpers? Palatal expanders? Oral devices come in numerous forms and fashions, and if you’ve got crooked pearly whites or other misalignment problems, there’s something we can do for you.
The following is a list of oral and orthodontic apparatuses that you may be unfamiliar with:
– Jaw repositioners can help align jaws to make speaking, chomping and breathing additionally comfortable (and safe). They may also diminish hurt in people suffering from TMJ disorder.
– Lip and cheek bumpers lessen pressure on teeth from the lips and cheeks, which can slowly move around pearly whites over time.
– Palatal expanders widen the jaw arch by use of a plastic, oral cavity-installing device that rests in the roof of the oral cavity, applying pressure to the bones and palate.
– Space maintainers are beneficial if you’ve lost baby chompers prematurely: to foil teeth from settling too close together, space maintainers retain gaps open while adult chompers or dentures are fashioned.
– Other appliances are built for very specialized purposes like averting thumb-sucking or defending your teeth from grinding or facial trauma.
To learn more about what dental and orthodontic appliances can do for you, please give our Payson Dental and Orthodontics staff in Payson, Utah, a call now at 801-465-7966. They’ll be sure to assist you as they answer your queries and address your concerns, and they can schedule you a visit with Dr. Brian Kraft.