Preventing tooth decay and cavities begins with our daily oral health care habits. Keeping our mouth clean prevents plaque buildup, which contains harmful bacteria that can use substances such as sugar to create even more harmful acids that can eat through tooth enamel.
Don’t let an unclean mouth destroy your smile. Try these helpful hints to keep your mouth safe:
– Try to avoid any kinds of snacks and candies that are high in sugar and difficult to clean from your teeth and gums.
– Implementing additional daily oral health care habits into your routine can help, including using mouthwash and wearing safety equipment.
– Floss your teeth at least once daily with high quality dental floss or a dental flossing tool.
– Eat a healthy and natural diet, and avoid snacking between meals.
– Visit Payson Dental and Orthodontics during your scheduled visits for oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Always brush twice daily with a toothbrush that has soft bristles and use ADA-approved toothpaste.
– Studies have proven that chewing sugarless gum after meals can help protect your teeth against cavities.
If you are looking to enhance or upgrade your smile, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Brian Kraft at our office in Payson, Utah. We can be reached via phone at 801-465-7966. We strive to give you the glow and color your smile deserves.